Subject: inconsistent behavior regarding objdirs
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/18/2002 11:49:01
Hi, I just noticed something that has happened to me before, for no reason I
can determine. I build current regularly using ./build.sh -D /disk2/f/dest
-O /disk2/f/bsdobj, and I have BSDOBJDIR=/disk2/f/bsdobj set in mk.conf. The
reason I have it set in mk.conf and specify it on the command line is
because sometimes (as I said, for no reason I can determine)
make/build.sh/whatever decides that it doesn't want to make the obj ->
/disk2/f/blah links like it always has, and instead make the directories in
the source tree. Is there any reason it would make directories under /usr/src
instead of $BSDOBJDIR like it should, even with BSDOBJDIR set both in
mk.conf and on the command line?

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII