Subject: Re: New ld.elf_so from FreeBSD
To: Charles Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/04/2002 19:38:40
On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:24:36AM +0000, Charles Hannum wrote:

 > Unless someone ponies up to make similar improvements to our
 > ld.elf_so, I will import the FreeBSD version on September 9, and do
 > the support for a handful of platforms (specifically, x86, Alpha and
 > PowerPC).  People responsible for other platforms should deal.

BZZT.  If you're going to do this unilaterally, then you have to
make sure it works on all the platforms.  Period.  Either that, or
you have to import it into a different directory, and let platforms
migrate over as the support code gets written.

At the very least, giving < 1 week notice is totally unacceptable.