Subject: Re: Upgrade from 1.5.x to -current on alpha
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/17/2002 03:10:52
--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 11:21:34PM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> It already fails if the architecture or host OS doesn't match, so that you
> won't completely hose a system which is not appropriate for DESTDIR=3D/. =
 It
> would be nontrivial, but feasible, to add a check that the currently runn=
ing
> kernel version >=3D the osrelease.sh version.  This would be the "most
> correct" fix....

Is that still correct if the process dies (SIGINT, SIGKILL, whatever)
mid-install? Won't that leave the user in an inconsistent state?

I mean, sure, that's still the user shooting themselves in the foot,
but where's the good reason to load the gun for them?

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO