Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/powerpc/include
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/07/2002 12:13:58
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Matt Thomas wrote:

: It is not compatible with GCC 2.95 because the new
:
: typedef __builtin_va_list __va_list;
:
: only happens on GCC 3.0 or above.  That's what the __GNUC_PREREQ__(3,0)
: test is doing.  If the compiler is older than GCC 3.0, the old definition is
: used.  As for it doesn't work, I bootstraped GCC 3.3 with the above diff in
: place which used the 2.95 for the first stage compile without problems.

Personally, I'd only be curious to make sure that the GCC 3.0 builtin
definition matches the previous definition -- for the purposes of ABI
compatibility.  If the ABI matches, there's no problem; if it doesn't match,
you've created a flag day.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)