Subject: New checkflist mechanism too strict ?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier.humbert@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/22/2002 10:17:41
Even if I don't update my userland every day, I regulary build into
/usr/build. And I build a distriobution (-d flag), in order to have
up-to-date /etc scripts (security, rc.blah, etc.)

Since "checkflist" mechanism has been introduced, make distribution fails
every 2 or 3 other builds, on some manpage, I presume.

Last error message I got is

> (cd /usr/src/distrib/sets && /usr/tools/bin/nbmake checkflist)
> DESTDIR=/usr/build  MACHINE=i386 MACHINE_ARCH=i386 \
>    MAKE=/usr/tools/bin/nbmake MTREE=/usr/tools/bin/nbmtree \
>    PAX=/usr/tools/bin/nbpax sh /usr/src/distrib/sets/checkflist \
> 1952a1953
>> ./usr/lib/libcurses.so.5.0
> 7734d7734
> < ./usr/share/man/cat9/copyin_proc.0
> 7737d7736
> < ./usr/share/man/cat9/copyout_proc.0
> 8053a8053
>> ./usr/share/man/cat9/simple_lock_unlock.0
> 12315d12314
> < ./usr/share/man/man9/copyin_proc.9
> 12318d12316
> < ./usr/share/man/man9/copyout_proc.9
> 12634a12633
>> ./usr/share/man/man9/simple_lock_unlock.9
> checkflist: flist inconsistencies found
> checkflist: key to output:
>   <  file in flist but missing from DESTDIR
>   >  file in DESTDIR but missing from flist
> *** Error code 1

I don't want to have to clear DESTDIR before every build, since I have a
couple of sloooow boxes, with even slooower disks :-)

Thanks,

--
Xavier HUMBERT  -  Systemes et Reseaux     |     labo-info@injep.fr
INJEP                                      |     humbert@injep.fr