Subject: Re: gdb backtrace
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/10/2002 19:57:42
Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com> writes:

> > On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 07:49:19PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> >  > I've committed my fix (should have done that months ago.... it
> > just
> >  > slipped my mind :/), so if you rebuild gdb it should work.
> > Can you make sure to submit a pullup request for NetBSD 1.6 for that
> > fix?
>
> Or remember which knob was set wrong.  I fixed some recently (GDB trunk).

The knob that was set wrong was IBM6000_TARGET (defined in
rs6000/tm-rs6000.h, included by powerpc/tm-ppc-eabi.h); we need to
undefine it to get "normal" SVR4 shared library section offsets in
symfile.c (The tm-linux.h for powerpc does the same thing, I just
noticed). Glancing at the gdb cvsweb, the relevant code is still
present in symfile.c, so I think this is still necessary and the
correct knob to tweak.

        - Nathan