Subject: re: DRAFT toolchain upgrade plan
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/04/2002 03:35:53

    >    I think I'm going to stick with the original idea, here, because
    >    I suspect uberbaum has a lot more gunk in it than we probably need
.

    > i don't see what the issue is.  just check out "gcc" and "binutils"?
    > any extra gunk in uberbaum is already in the gcc and/or binutils CVS
    > trees...

   If I'm going to just check out "gcc" and "bintuils" separately from
   uberbaum, how is this any different in practice than what I first
   proposed?

it's not really any different; it just removes a step that isn't
really required.  ie, you get to check out & build them together,
rather than as two entirely separate phases of the build.

.mrg.