Subject: Re: Suggested addition to build.sh
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/17/2002 12:40:30
On Fri, 17 May 2002, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2002, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> :    # /t/tools-i386/bin/nbmake-mac68k release
> :    nbmake: don't know how to make release. Stop
>
> : If you make a change in distrib/utils/sysinstall, you have to build
> : in that directory, then in the ramdisk directory,
>
> There's a lot of overhaul here that's needed even before you can address the
> fact that all the platforms have their own ways to do things.

Sure. That's why I started this subthread with "While we're
wishing...". :-)

> Perhaps the best first thing is to factor out the distrib-build part of the
> "release" target under etc/?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the "release" target under
"etc/" would need to be factored somehow, so that the top level
"sysinstall" target would not depend on "distribution", as "release"
in "etc/" currently does.

Frederick