Subject: Re: UNPRIVED & DESTDIR
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/24/2002 02:08:23
You should be able to force a new install with

./build.sh -u -o -D / <any other old options except -U>

This would reuse existing objects, but on the install steps go into / now
(and it wouldn't be UNPRIV'd as -U isn't set).

I don't suggest installing directly to / as a general rule but that should
do it.

James