Subject: Re: Suggested addition to build.sh
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/12/2002 13:27:31
--Z/kiM2A+9acXa48/

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 08:35:21AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> ./build.sh -t [-T $TOOLDIR]
> cd sys/arch/$MACHINE/conf
> $TOOLDIR/bin/nbconfig $KERNCONFNAME
> cd ../$KERNCONFNAME
> $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE all
>=20
> This corresponds to established practice for building a custom kernel; it
> just uses the cross-toolchain created by "build.sh -t".

I don't think that'll work on a non-current system (or even out of
date -current). The build process calls tools other than ${MAKE},
and if they're not set ahead of time, you won't get the nb* version.

I don't remember what bit me, but I know I've been bit by it before
(which is why I just let build.sh build my kernels by including
EXTRA_KERNELS in /etc/mk.conf and always giving build.sh the -R
flag).

Unless, of course, you've noticed this and fixed it since last I
tried. :^>

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net