Subject: Re: make release vs make iso-image
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@gendalia.org>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/05/2002 21:14:29
matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> wrote:
}   I think 'make release' should build into $RELEASEDIR/$arch/ or such, so
}   that make iso-image would create what sysinst expects.  sysinst tends to
}   expect /i386/binary/sets for example, and make iso-image defaults to
}   creating /binary/sets.  Is this an unreasonable change, is there a better
}   suggestion?
}
}
}
}i'd buy such a change.  infact, my $RELEASEDIR tends to *always*
}end in "/$MACHINE" because we don't do this already.

  ftp://anonymous.gendalia@isua.iastate.edu/release.patch
(password username@hostname) is my first pass at doing this.  I've tested
it only on i386, since my current build machine is moderately slow and very
space limited, but it worked fine for me.  I suspect it might be done in a
cleaner fashion, but this is a start.

-Tracy