Subject: Re: crosscompile attempt: solaris/x86 -> netbsd/sparc
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/27/2002 10:57:10
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:18:45PM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> : Solaris7/sparc in my case. It seems that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh isn't enouth
> : for libc/sys/makelintstub at last. I had to use bash.
>
> This should be fixed, then; our sh(1) scripts should be standards-compliant,
> or at least, close enough that standards-compliant shells can grok them.
>
> (Solaris's ksh might have worked for this case, but I tend to recommend
> /usr/xpg4/bin/sh because it is the officially XPG-compliant Bourne
> shell....)

FYI, it seems that on solaris 7 /usr/xpg4/bin/sh doesn't like this
construct in src/lib/libc/sys/makelintstub:
        arglist="`
        sed -e 'ta
                :a
                s,^/\* syscall: "'"$syscallname"'" ,,
                tb
                :b
                s, \*/$,,' $syscalldump
        `"

arglist is empty after it has run. Sed is /usr/xpg4/bin/sed, and it's working
properly when shell is bash instead of sh. I checked that the content of
$syscalldump is identical with both shells.