Subject: Re: cross-elf2ecoff
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/21/2002 18:37:23
Please make sure that things like this get cc'd to tech-toolchain (all
port-* lists are moved to Bcc: in this message).

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

: I've had to add a sys/exec_ecoff.h with fixed-size types, and
: change machine/ecoff_machdep.h the same way, so that the ecoff structures are
: the same on LP32 and LP64 hosts.

I don't know that I particularly like this idea, because it's still doing
something inherently MD.  Given that it's confined to the tool's directory,
that's not so bad, but it gives me pause.

I'd more prefer if we could analyze why objcopy's translator is not creating
proper ECOFF files, as that would be the *ideal* cross-platform way to do
this.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/