Subject: Re: Distinguish between MKfoo and SUPPORT_foo
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/20/2002 15:25:53
[ On Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 10:10:55 (-0800), Jason R Thorpe wrote: ]
> Subject: Distinguish between MKfoo and SUPPORT_foo
>
> What I did was split these two things apart.  I now have:
>
> 	* MKHESIOD, MKKERBEROS, MKSKEY, MKYP -- Controls whether or
> 	  not to build the libraries, support programs, etc.
>
> 	* SUPPORT_HESIOD, SUPPORT_KERBEROS, SUPPORT_SKEY,
> 	  SUPPORT_YP -- Controls whether or not users of these
> 	  facilities use them or not.
>
> If a MKfoo that corresponds to a SUPPORT_foo is set to "no", then
> the corresponding SUPPORT_foo is also implicitly set to "no".  All
> of these things default to "yes", which matches the behavior before
> my changes.
>
> Attached is a diff that does this.  Any objections?

None whatsoever!

Thank You!  This is something I've been concerned about for a long time
now, but the effort of doing the split, and esp. the chance I'd have to
maintain it myself as an independent developer, was too daunting.

There may even be calls to do the same for LOCALE support too!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods