Subject: Re: Build identifier variable for obj dirs
To: NetBSD Toolchain Technical Discussion List <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/05/2002 16:48:31
[ On Tuesday, March 5, 2002 at 13:42:08 (-0800), Jason R Thorpe wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Build identifier variable for obj dirs
>
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 04:36:09PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
>  > A "USR_OBJBUILDID" setting, if implemented like USR_OBJMACHINE, seems
>  > like it would be a much more logical and coherent way to add such
>  > functionality.
>
> ...except I don't like using USR_OBJMACHINE, so I don't want to have to
> use it to get the functionality I want.

I personally don't currently use USR_OBJMACHINE either, but that's only
because I don't currently do multiple cross-builds.  I wouldn't need to
use it even if I were doing multiple cross-builds, though it is easier
to do so than it is to change BSDOBJDIR for every build.

So are you implying that you really do keep your objects in the same
place as your sources?  If so, why?

Do you equally not like using BSDOBJDIR?  If so, why?

I hope you don't try to use BSDOBJDIR and OBJMACHINE together!

--
								Greg A. Woods