Subject: Re: Build identifier variable for obj dirs
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/05/2002 13:59:35
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > Looks good to me, and it works pretty much the same as OBJHOSTMACHINE.
:  >
:  > Amusingly, of course, with all of OBJMACHINE, OBJHOSTMACHINE, and BUILDID
:  > set, you'll get hostprog objdir names that are really long.  8-)
:
: Actually, it just occurred to me that you don't need the BUILDID
: in the hostprog objdir name... at least, I can't think of a compelling
: reason for it to be there...

Well, that depends on whether you want to use BUILDID in the names of the
tools other than the nbmake wrapper.  (src/tools all use hostprog objdirs,
for instance.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/