Subject: Re: C++ program handling in bsd.prog.mk
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/04/2002 14:01:14
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > No, I'm pointing out that when you *link* a program using "c++" (which
:  > should be done if the program is C++, but I can't remember now if your patch
:  > does this), you'll get -lstdc++ and -lm implicitly.  So we should be
:  > consistent with that when using DESTDIR.
:
: Did you actually look at the patch?  C++ programs are linked with ${CXX},

This is what I coouldn't remember (above), and

: and for DESTDIR builds, "-lstdc++ -lm" are added to the command.

Only for HAVE_GCC3.  I was saying it should be so regardless of gcc version.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/