Subject: Re: C++ program handling in bsd.prog.mk
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/04/2002 13:34:54
On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

: The patch below adds support for C++ programs to <bsd.prog.mk> by checking
: to see if the program's Makefile has set PROG_CXX, adds support for pulling
: in the additional support libraries for GCC 3.x (by testing to see that
: HAVE_GCC3 is defined), and includes all the necessary changes to make our
: in-tree groff build with GCC 3.1 (gcc-current).

Looks fine to me, albeit that -lstdc++ -lm should always be included.  I
know it's not "needed" for groff and gcc 2.95, but it's a good idea to make
it consistent, since linking with "c++" without DESTDIR will add them.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/