Subject: Re: C++ program handling in bsd.prog.mk
To: Oleg Polyanski <Oleg.Polianski@clear.co.nz>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/02/2002 20:44:10
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:09:56PM +1300, Oleg Polyanski wrote:

 >  One more question regarding the GCC 3.x and NetBSD. Do the
 >  exceptions work in programs compiled with gcc-current? I have just
 >  checked against gcc-current and it seems that they are still broken.
 >  If you are interested in details, please have a look at the PR#4356
 >  on `http://gcc.gnu.org/'.

I just tried the attachment in the PR.  It seems to work fine on
i386-unknown-netbsdelf on gcc-current (I have several NetBSD
configuration changes that I have not yet submitted to the GCC
folks, so maybe my compiler is behaving a bit differently than yours).

dr-evil:thorpej 1103$ i386-unknown-netbsdelf-c++ exc.ii -o exc
dr-evil:thorpej 1104$ ./exc
dr-evil:thorpej 1105$

What version of NetBSD are you using?  You need to have crtbegin/crtend
files that support DWARF2 exception handling...

It also works with NetBSD-current's GCC 2.95.3-based toolchain:

dr-evil:thorpej 1105$ c++ exc.ii -o exc
dr-evil:thorpej 1106$ ./exc
dr-evil:thorpej 1107$