Subject: Re: C++ program handling in bsd.prog.mk
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/02/2002 11:17:03
--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 12:04:38PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
>      PROG=3D		addftinfo
>    + PROG_CXX=3D
>=20
> hmm.. seems to me this would be better if you could just
> s/PROG/PROG_CXX/ rather than set both?

Won't that cause problems in software that inherits Makefile
settings from a parent directory which is not C++? What about if a
parent is C++ program and the child directory is a C (or, hell,
Fortran) library for it?

Sure, you could probably do PROG_CXX+=3DPROG ... and so forth, but
that means (theoretically) having to add a lot of variable settings
that were previously presumed.

Or is this more easily solved?

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter