Subject: m68000 new toolchain issues
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/09/2001 20:48:17
The m68000 needs a libgcc.a, and I take it no other new-toolchain
MACHINE_ARCHs do, on account of this in src/tools/toolchain/Makefile:

MAKE_ARGS=	MACHINE= \
		LIBGCC= LIBGCC1= LIBGCC1_TEST= LIBGCC2= INSTALL_LIBGCC=

So, in my working directory now I .if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "m68000" a
different assignment.  Should this instead be in a {MACHINE_ARCH}.mk
include file?

Next, as-is, building libgcc.a includes cross-compiling libgcc2.c,
which tries to #include the target's headers.  Should I try to
make this not happen, or should the target's headers somehow
be made available during the bootstrap?

Thanks,

Matt

--