Subject: Re: tools build on ELF mac68k
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/06/2001 13:55:39
>  > Now what?  Should the patch just be committed to our gcc sources?
>
> Yes, commit it to our GCC 2.95.3 sources.  The change may also apply
> to our older EGCS sources (I seem to recall Chuck Cranor noting that
> the old compiler also lost w/ -O2 on the VAX).

Committed, and though I mentioned the vax in the commit msg, I only
committed to the 2.95.3 sources.

> Does this make new-toolchain work properly w/ ELF-m68k now?

Dunno, working up to that, plus I'm a little weird in that I'm really
testing ELF-m68000 :).  I've only been compiling kernels manually so
far.  I'm about to try my first run of build.sh soon, I assume I
should start by doing `./build.sh -m sun2' and see what happens?

Matt

--
Matt Fredette
http://mit.edu/fredette/www