Subject: Re: build.sh "problem"
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/03/2001 19:29:58
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 04:57:21PM -0500, James Chacon wrote:
> -b doens't build beyond the point of bootstrapping make. It should be in
> $TOOLDIR/bin
>
> Also note that alpha isn't a converted platform for the new toolchain so
> build.sh isn't technially supported yet for that. (Of course if you're testing
> to work on the conversion then go for it :-)

Oh.

We'darn.

No wonder it blows up in a variety of different ways. I've been scratching
my head over this one for a week or two, off and on. I think I even
submitted a PR. Oops.

Um, so, how are builds supposed to work on the Alpha currently?

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"