Subject: Re: Toolchain Update (27-Nov-2001)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/28/2001 15:02:39
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, John Darrow wrote:
>
> : These Makefiles have no clue that they're running as part of a pkgsrc
> : build, and as such, if pkgsrc is located inside /usr/src, end up
> : catching all the tools framework.
>
> I've added something to bsd.prefs.mk (rev. 1.65) that sets USETOOLS=no --
> both for bsd.pkg*.mk and via MAKE_ENV for invoked builds.  This should allow
> pkgsrc to be located inside "src" without trouble.

What happens if I try to build one of these packages out-of-the-box,
without pkgsrc? I think there should be something in the top-level
src/Makefile that turns all this stuff on -- everybody else gets to use
the installed compiler.

> Now, why DESTDIR was being picked up for gr is unrelated to this, as his
> pkgsrc was located outside of src.  It's probably the BSD Makefile issue you
> described above.

It shouldn't hurt anything to add BSD_PKG_MK to ${MAKE_ENV}, if that's
what's required.

Frederick