Subject: Re: Toolchain Update (27-Nov-2001)
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/28/2001 12:04:18
--924gEkU1VlJlwnwX

[Adding tech-pkg in here, since it's not clear that this is entirely,
or at all, a toolchain problem. As summary: I had a USETOOLS and DESTDIR
set with in a #ifndef BSD_PKG_MK in my /etc/mk.conf. For a while,
this meant that packages, correctly, used the installed tools to
build, linked against things under / rather than under DESTDIR, but
that broke about a week ago.]

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 12:26:44AM -0500, James Chacon wrote:
> I'd have to look at the exact package but some of the sub makes do not re=
ad
> in bsd.pkg.mk but do read in the system .mk files.

Okay, so I hadn't even looked yet, but pkgsrc/graphics/apla very
definitely DOES have a .include "../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk". It's the
last line.

It also does not include any other bsd.*.mks. I can't see why this
is cropping up, though, since bsd.pkg.mk includes bsd.prefs.mk
before it does anything with USETOOLS, and bsd.prefs.mk sets
BSD_PKG_MK (which strikes me as wrong, but whatever).

bsd.prefs.mk also sets:

__PREFIX_SET__:=3D${PREFIX}

Should I be using that instead of BSD_PKG_MK to protect pkgsrc from
settings I only want to see under /usr/src in /etc/mk.conf?

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--924gEkU1VlJlwnwX

--924gEkU1VlJlwnwX--