Subject: Re: Toolchain status list (30-Oct-2001)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/30/2001 20:21:47
Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com> writes:
> : > - Add ability for mtree to look at custom passwd and group files
> : >   (should probably work with a flat text master.passwd, and pull these
> : >   right from src/etc, to provide the necessary gids)
> :
> : I'm looking into this today. Mainly the idea is to have a
> : passwd/group option
> : and then the etc/Makefile would pass ${.CURDIR}/master.passwd along to
> : mtree.
>
> Right.  You'd want two separate options; one for passwd, and one for group,
> which can be used separately.

We don't need any of this for cross builds. We at most need it for
same system builds. Cross snapshot builds (or indeed any unprived
builds) end up (or should end up in the new scheme) using the metadata
stuff Luke built, which will not care at all about what any actual
password file contains. Certainly we don't care for mtree purposes.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com