Subject: Re: Toolchain status list (30-Oct-2001)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/30/2001 16:00:42

> - Add "-n" option to build.sh to function similarly to "make -n"
>   (requested by mrg)

Just pass -n along to the main make build?

> - Add option to build.sh that makes it only update nbmake if needed;
>   this is the only tool that can't really be built or updated properly
>   from src/tools (...since if new .mk files need a new make, there's no way
>   to build the new make in src/tools).  (requested by jchacon)

Done. I'm committing this now

> - Allow relative paths to -[DTR] in build.sh (requested by soren)

Also, build.sh should check the paths and not remove if the path resolves
to / and you've specified -r. Just a sanity check really but it should
be there.

>=================================
>=== FURTHER DEVELOPMENT TASKS ===
>=================================
>
>These tasks are lower priority, giving precedence where practical to the
>tasks above, because of size or complexity (or because the platform involved
>isn't completely working on the new toolchain).  Volunteers to help with
>these issues are welcome.
>
> - Add ability for mtree to look at custom passwd and group files
>   (should probably work with a flat text master.passwd, and pull these
>   right from src/etc, to provide the necessary gids)

I'm looking into this today. Mainly the idea is to have a passwd/group option
and then the etc/Makefile would pass ${.CURDIR}/master.passwd along to
mtree.

James