Subject: Re: CVS commit: sharesrc/share/mk
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/28/2001 14:24:56
I want to be clear on one thing on the USETOOLS situation.

Todd wanted the build to break if USETOOLS was set to no. I disagree
with that. If you want to set USETOOLS to no in, say, /etc/mk.conf so
you never have to worry about it, you're free to. You can set the
default for your own system any way you like. The question has been
whether the overall default should be USETOOLS=yes, and that's
certainly the case. That's the supported way to build the tree, or any
of the items inside it.

Again, though, if you don't like USETOOLS=yes, nothing stops you from
setting it to NO for yourself. It is ten seconds of work. I cannot see
why we would want to change the policy to save someone ten seconds of
work.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com