Subject: Re: Problem in new toolchain builds (need comments)
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/23/2001 21:31:42
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, James Chacon wrote:

: That completely defeats the current ability to do
:
: cd usr.bin/vi
: make
:
: and have it DTRT...Having to remember to set X number of new vars just to
: get a build working is fairly silly and prone to failure.

Yes, now I remember, that's the reason I did it this way!  8-)

So, to make this work Right, I'll go with the original suggestion of
sprinkling Makefile.inc's where needed.  This is the best solution to me;
you really need Makefile.inc's throughout the tree to get everything "glued
together" right anyhow (to pick up the proper BINDIR and LDSTATIC defaults
for src/"foo", etc.).

This will be implemented tomorrow.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.