Subject: Re: mklocale, take 2
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/18/2001 07:50:36
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 03:39:46AM -0400, James Chacon wrote:

 > +#include <sys/cdefs.h>
 > +#include <sys/types.h>

Why do you explicitly need <sys/cdefs.h>?  Our style guide says that
<sys/types.h> causes it to be pulled in ... and what in this file
explicitly relies on it?  Oh, __attribute__ ... well, okay, but this
is obviously going to be problematic for non-NetBSD hosts.

BTW, our <sys/cdefs.h> should probably #define some sort of pseudo-keyword
for "packed" ... "packed" is a very important attribute to convey, and it
should not be deleted if the compiler is not GCC.