Subject: Re: Changes to crunchgen
To: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/03/2001 19:22:25
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, James Chacon wrote:

: So, what I'm about to check in are mods to crunchgen which do the following:

I'll need to coordinate with you on this, as the new toolchain will
eventually use *only* bfd-{crunchide,mdsetimage} in the build, coming from
src/tools.  At that point, the `native' versions of these will be
disabled/redundant.

It's not possible to use the non-bfd versions in cross builds, for obvious
reasons, and both cross and native builds are moving toward using src/tools
for building releases.  (There's other work going on to finish making this
an encapsulated process with only tools from src/tools used to build for the
target system.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/