Subject: Re: ld(1) bug needs fixing or USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN turned off.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/02/2001 20:10:44
On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 11:41:12AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Right.  I have a fix I'm testing right now.  Just telling ld to treat it as
> a native linker isn't right either, because it ends up pulling in other
> (generic)  things that are definitely not appropriate.

I was just talking about the script that generates eelf_i386.c,
(genscripts.sh). When that is passed the same ${host} (4th arg,
which is now 'none') as ${target} (5th arg), it'll do the right thing.
Plus 3 extra lines of C code, but surely that's not a problem :)

Just passing ${G_target_alias} 3 times in binutils/ld/Makefile
looks like it should do the right thing, in fact. It only
affects the generated emul .c file.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com