Subject: Re: WARNING: -current toplevel build process changing!
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/01/2001 22:17:34
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Allen Briggs wrote:

: > Now, I can probably put in some kind of hook to try to pry this out of
: > mk.conf if the native system make is bmake.  I'll look into this.
:
: One thing that I have done in build scripts sometimes is read
: /etc/mk.conf with a shell script to extract env. variables for
: make.  Could you do something like this?  I.e., as far as make
: is concerned, it's an environment variable, but as far as the
: operator is concerned, it's set in /etc/mk.conf (or $(BUILDROOT)/mk.conf?).

Eh, that's iffy at best.

However, I have a slightly modified scheme that I'm working on to get around
this.  Suffice it to say that setting TOOLDIR in mk.conf on a NetBSD host
will work just fine.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/