Subject: Re: sparc64 / libstdc++ change...
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/16/2001 07:25:15
> I'm running -current, remember, and I've been using gcc 2.95.2 pretty
> much since I started off with this sparc64.

I bet you started with the "embedded" version made for 1.5.
This is 2.95.2, yes, but heavily hacked with known deficiencies.
One of this is: "cc --version" outputs an empty line.

> Hm? What have I missed, here? What toolchain will 1.5.1 use?

Not sure at the moment. I planned to shake out the bugs of the 2.95.2 version
distributed with 1.5 and reuse that (since the real thing (tm) is not yet ready).
But I failed, and am not sure I will finish this.

Anyway, you either have some broken version of /usr/bin/cc and a correct one in
/usr/local/bin/cc (just remove /usr/bin/cc in this case), or you have an unknown
to me version in /usr/local/bin/cc, which has the same bug the 1.5 /usr/bin one
had.

I am using the latest "local" version from ftp.netbsd.org, and the Makefile correctly
recognizes it - thus not descending into libstc++.

Martin