Subject: Newer GCC?
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Cuddy <mcuddy@fensende.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/12/2000 23:01:27
(Likely I'll get flamed by the "UNIX code should be in C" crowd ... ;-)

Is it possible to use a newer version of GCC than the one which ships
with 1.4?

I've got a bunch of code which makes extensive use of templates, and the
GCC version that ships with 1.4 has some bugs in it with regard to same.
(I'm stuck using downrev versions of STLport and Doxygen because the
newer versions won't run with the old GCC :-(

--
Mike Cuddy (mcuddy@FensEnde.com, MC312), Programmer, Daddy, Human.
Fen's Ende Software, Redwood City, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

       Join CAUCE: The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail.
                          <http://www.cauce.org/>