Subject: Re: ELF ABI support for sparcV9 binaries.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/10/2000 10:39:13
tv@pobox.com (Todd Vierling) writes:
> : gcc for sparc has a MULTI_MODE option where a single cc front end driver
> : can generate both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries based on a single command
> : line option.
>
> MIPS has something very similar; -EB and -EL for big-endian and
> little-endian, respectively.

actually, mips has it much worse.

the current set of multilibs i build in my gcc are:

	EL/EB

		endianness

	mips1/mips2/mips3/mips4

		ISA level -- this is gonna get about 50% worse, too.

	mlong32/mlong64

		long/pointer size model.  (ILP32 vs LP64).

and i could be, but don't, built variants for:

	msoft-float/mhard-float/msingle-float

Note that not all of these combinations are actually sensible
(e.g. mips1 & mips2 and mlong64), but the majority are...

cgd