Subject: OSF Dev Env (ODE) (was: fix for MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/obj make build)
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/18/2000 22:51:48
[ On Wednesday, April 19, 2000 at 07:52:26 (+1000), Simon J. Gerraty wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: fix for MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/obj make build
>
> BTW, anyone heard of ODE (OSF Dev Env)?  According to one of my
> collegues here the pmake in ODE has a couple of _very_ cool
> features.  I plan on adding them to our make and/or my portable
> bmake.  I'll post more when I've had a look at the ODE
> pmake and worked out how easy that will be.

Yup.  I evaluated it briefly before CVS-II came along (it is very cool
but it wasn't quite what I wanted at the time).

The most recent URLs I had were:

	ftp://riftp.osf.org/pub/ode/src/

	http://www.osf.org/mall/tools/ode/

Unfortunately riftp.osf.org is gone from the DNS and their other
machines don't seem to answer anything more than a ping these days.

Ede Development Enterprises claims to host the "new home of ODE":

	http://www.ede.com/ode/

	ftp://ftp.ede.com/pub/ode/

and they have a "new" (Sept. 1998) release (2.3.6) available.

--
							Greg A. Woods