Subject: Re: trouble compiling arm32 kernels
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/11/2000 03:08:11
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

Hi,
  Ok following up my last message about the problem being in the sscanf
for the link address...

Turns out that strtoull() is broken on arm32. However strtouq() which
sscanf() used to use works fine. There are only minor differences
between these two files but it looks like the strtoull() source triggers a
compiler bug in 2.91.66 with -O2 (the assembly of strtoull looks broken).
Note: the 2.91.66 compile is known to have problems on arm32 which is why
2.95.2 is required to compile libX11)

I've kicked off a complete build with 2.95.2 that I hope will produce a
fully working tree.

Before folks ask I don't know the time scale for integrating a newer
version of gcc as I understand that versions like 2.95.2 have problems on
other architechures.

 Cheers,
				Mark