Subject: Re: Crosscompiling
To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/28/1999 21:51:51
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Well if you're willing to track down the individuals / organizations
> that made the changes and arrange for them to put FSF
> assignmes/disclaimers in place.... :-)

I thought we called the GPL a virus-license because if you make changes to
GPL'ed code and distribute them you must offer the GPL as a license option
for your changes.

If that's true, there's no need to obtain consent.  The fact that people
who modified the GNU toolchain released their changes to the public means
that they are required to offer their changes under the GNU license.

See Bill Stundemund's earlier post for better detail--I just thought I'd
quickly point out a simpler license interpretation before we start our
usual legal-frustration self-flogging.  Am I interpreting this right?

--
Miles Nordin / v:1-888-857-2723 fax:+1 530 579-8680
555 Bryant Street PMB 182 / Palo Alto, CA 94301-1700 / US