Subject: Re: egcs-1.1.2-release front-end bug? (was Re: dump)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@hal.ece.utexas.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/29/1999 12:05:00
On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 08:03:49AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Brian C. Grayson wrote:
>
> :   1.  Is there a reason Juergen Hannken-Illjes' backout patch has
> :     not been applied, or one of Cygnus' fixes applied?
>
> Probably because people are pointing at me, and I've been bogged down with
> the fun task of settling in after a move.  I'll apply the PR-supplied patch
> to -current later today.

  It looks like mycroft beat you to it!  :)  (The patch in the
PR only fixes memcpy, and not also memset.  Charles' patch
looks like the egcs one that fixes both.)

  For those interested, this is my test code.  Compile this
with "gcc -S" and inspect the assembly.

typedef struct {
        int array[34];
} foobar;

#define TYPE foobar
extern TYPE *i;
extern TYPE *b;

TYPE foo() {
  /*  this will emit *++b = *++i (memcpy).  */
}

TYPE bar() {
  /*  this will emit *++i = {0} (memset).  */
  *i++ = (TYPE) {0,};
}