Subject: Re: Shared libraries
To: Ian Dall <ian@beware.dropbear.id.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/01/1999 19:07:27
On 2 Jul 1999, Ian Dall wrote:

: > Hrm.  Thewn this is broken.  libgcc.a should most certainly be -fpic, as
: > Cygnus compiles it that way.
:
: There seems no simple way to get this into our build system. bsd.lib.mk
: assumes that things with a .o extension are static and .so are dynamic.

Actually, the wauy is simple; adding ${CPICFLAGS} to the definition of COPTS
used in the src/gnu/lib/libgcc/Makefile.  The build system doesn't care that
they're PIC if they are going into a library named "libgcc.a".

I'll add an appropriate fix soon; however, given the type of change, it will
probably be in line for 1.5 (and not 1.4.1).

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)