Subject: Re: objdump lossage on ELF files
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/27/1999 15:25:35
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> : GNU objdump seems to lose a bit on ELF files; when doing an objdump
> : of a sparc ELF kernel, for example, it shows me five sections.
> : Unfortunately, (as verified by Solaris dump(1) and personal poking
> : about in the binary) there are ten sections in the file. objdump
> : doesn't print any info about
> : .ident, the string tables, etc.
>
> Um, what do you want printed about such sections?  (I believe --full-headers
> will show you the existence of such sections, bit what information about
> them would be useful?)

There is no --full-headers option. None of the options I've tried
will show the existence of these sections. As I said, objdump shows
only five sections in the file, where Solaris dump shows ten.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org