Subject: re: using 'configure' out of gnu/dist
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/05/1999 10:56:36
   It looks like several files have been removed which breaks the ability
   to build cross-compile tools to netbsd from gnu/dist.  Would people mind
   if I put back in the following:

   	gnu/dist/ltconfig
   	gnu/dist/ltmain.sh
   	gnu/dist/mkinstalldirs

   If I don't here any objections by the end of next week (June 11), I'll put them
   back in.

please!  don't even wait.  :-)  re cvs-add them and fix this...  there
was too much removed in `pruning' and our gnu/dist is not useful for
much of what it was :(

   There are a handful of other glitches which I encountered, such as building
   ld, and the lack of support for the mipseb target which we've defined.
   I'd like to start folding those back in, too.  Do we have a conduit to get
   this stuff back to whoever maintains things like binutils?

i'd guess this would be todd, but i'm not sure that anything has been
done lately.. it would be nice if it was all merged back (there are a
lot of new configurations that are only in our version).