Subject: HEADS UP: GDB (help needed)!
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/24/1999 13:32:32
I have been losing time for NetBSD to real life, and I need some help on gdb
on various platforms!  We'd like to get as much as possible in by 1.4 - at
the *very* least, have all previous platforms working - and some platforms
are not even tested with gdb 4.17.

I have re-enabled gdb on all platforms except powerpc and sparc64, so that
problems can be more rapidly identified and solved.  THIS IS YOUR WARNING -
on some platforms listed below, a "make build" will result in a
nonfunctional gdb.

Here's a summary:

- alpha, mips:  These are what I have been working to fix.  Alpha has
  general running problems; ELF shlibs aren't working on either (the
  "heuristic-fence-post" message states that shlib symbol tables aren't
  loaded).

  I will be hacking this evening, and will post whatever I figure out thus
  far tomorrow morning.

  If someone on the mips front has more details on that platform's problems
  (since I seem to be missing part of the picture) please fill me in.

- arm32:  This is under work by the arm32 portmaster.

- m68k:  NOT TESTED!

- powerpc:  Does not work; needs serious help, and probably will not
  be done by 1.4.  There is *NO* NetBSD support; it's all AIX-centric.

- sparc64:  Does not work; needs serious help, and probably will not
  be done by 1.4.  There is *NO* NetBSD support.

- vax:  NOT TESTED!