Subject: Re: cross compile cheat sheet?
To: None <cagney@tpgi.com.au, danw@MIT.EDU>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@tpgi.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/24/1999 16:24:55
> From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
> Well, here's a start:

> 1) Build a cross compiler. If you're lucky, there will be a package
> for what you want in /usr/pkgsrc/cross. (I was lucky, so I don't know
> what to do if you're not.)

I don't see why configure/build shouldn't just work :-)

	.../NetBSD-current/src/gnu/dist/configure \
		--target=powerpc-netbsd \
		--prefix=...
	gmake

As it turns out, it fails but mainly from niggly problems:

	o	dist/gdb/configure.tgt not knowing about
		powerpc-*-eabi.

	o	files such as:
			dist/ldconfig
			dist/ldmain.sh
			dist/ylwrap
		missing

	o	Out-of-date versions of generated
		files such as:

			dist/ld/ldgram.[hc]
			dist/gcc/{configure,config.in, ...}

I think I'll keep prodding this and see what happens.

Thanks for the pointers,

	Andrew

PS: I'm ignoring the missing headers (<machine/ansi.h> et.al.)
problem that egcs has.  Besides, for that there is a known solution:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/psim/manual/manual_18.html#SEC147 :-)