Subject: gdb 4.17: child SIGSEGV's
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org, tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/06/1999 02:51:49
After fixing the obvious Makefile lossage and the stale prototype in
mips-tdep.c I tried building gdb-4.17, installed it (after carefully
saving the old binary:), and tried running it.

The normal GDB debugging environment gets set up, and doing ``info''
in the child debugee gets back to the toplevel gdb, but trying to
contnue gets a SIGSEVG and dies.

I have no clue whats going on, but I wonder if the goop added to
solib.c to try and handle SVR4-sharedlib ELF interpreters is breaking
on a pmax. Michael?  Any ideas? Or could this be due to recent changes
in ld.elf_so?