Subject: Re: HEADS UP: (repeat!) mipse[bl] splitting
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/02/1999 13:43:43
>erik@mediator.uni-c.dk wrote:
>
>> Some changes were made to fix this problem, but a few problems still
>> remain to be fixed:
>
>I got another error on newsmips:

[snip]

>/usr/src/gnu/lib/libbfd/../../dist/bfd/netbsd.h:96: warning: `SET_ARCH_MACH' r
>edefined
>/usr/src/gnu/lib/libbfd/../../dist/bfd/mipselnetbsd.c:35: warning: this is the
> location of the previous definition
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop.
>*** Error code 1
>---
>
>I don't know whether mipselnetbsd.c is required on mipseb machines.
>(mipsebnetbsd.c is needed?)

Just for the record: We've tried *very* a hard to keep the toolchain
and the backend ``the same'' on both big- and little-endian mips
machines.  We build support for both EL and EB into the compiler and
the rest of the toolchain.

Speaking with the portmaster hat on, there really should not be *ANY*
netbsd-mipse[lb].[ch] files.  (The only distinction needed is the
default endian-ness, and we can do that in a handful of mips{el,eb}.mk
files. Can't we?)

Maybe that's already the intent here and its just falling foul of the
existing mips* setup, but if not, can we fix it?