Subject: Re: HEADS UP: (repeat!) mipse[bl] splitting
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/02/1999 08:02:20
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Erik Bertelsen wrote:

: > However, the work is not yet done, so much of the source tree does not build
: > right now because of this.  I shall send another heads-up when the work is
: > complete.

: Some changes were made to fix this problem, but a few problems still
: remain to be fixed:

Thank you.  I will be doing this over the next few days.

: What is the intended solution?

Fixing it in each individual Makefile.

: Did I see a proposal for inventing yet another makefile variable, e.g.
: MACHINE_ARCH_DIR that defaults to MACHINE_ARCH except for mipsel/mipseb
: where it will be mips ?

No; ${MACHINE_ARCH:S/mipse[bl]/mips/} is good enough and a bit cleaner.