Subject: Re: HEADS UP: (repeat!) mipse[bl] splitting
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/02/1999 13:08:13
On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 09:32:50AM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:

> The Makefiles will be fixed; the directory names will not change. Special
> case or not, big-endian and little-endian cannot share MACHINE_ARCH; this
> was decided some months ago.
>
> However, the work is not yet done, so much of the source tree does not build
> right now because of this.  I shall send another heads-up when the work is
> complete.

Hello again,

Some changes were made to fix this problem, but a few problems still
remain to be fixed:

 - while building a pmax kernel, libkern is incompletely built because
   /sys/lib/libkern/arch/mips is not included.

 - lkm makefiles create a soft link mipsel pointing to the non-existent
   /usr/src/sys/arch/mipsel/include.

What is the intended solution? Did I see a proposal for inventing
yet another makefile variable, e.g. MACHINE_ARCH_DIR that defaults
to MACHINE_ARCH except for mipsel/mipseb where it will be mips ?

- Erik