Subject: Re: Adding a.out to bfd for mips.
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/23/1999 14:03:11
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

: There's constraints on section order, aligment, and padding which
: objcopy doesnt grok. I supopse we could write Yet Another Linkscript...

Hrm.  Let me check into it, because an `objdump -fhs' showed no differences
that I recall.  Perhaps my brain is just out to lunch still.

[... gprof ...]

: >I did this, but I haven't completely verified its working order.  Wanna try
:
: Yes, please. I dont have user-profililng data (there's a PR on that, we need
: to patch the glue code gcc/egcs's uses to call _mcount), but I have
: some kernel profiling data I can run against the original ELF kernel.

Then do it.  ;)  The ported code is already waiting to be compiled in
src/gnu/usr.bin/gprof, and enabled on mips.  You may need to "setenv
MACHINE_ARCH mipsel" before building it, for now.